Bringing cheer, smiles and a bit of joy by wearing a beautifully designed graphic art raincoat with the matching umbrella. It occurred to me that other day, that I had a variety of raincoats being sold in one online store and umbrellas in another store, however, when I checked, I noticed that none of them coordinated with each other. How could that be 🙂
Long story made short, I was suppose to be in Maryland visiting my Dad the weekend of the Boston Marathon but was too sick travel. There was no way, in good conscience I could take a 9 hour bus ride down and back sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose. My 83 year old Dad also appreciated that I kept my sick self in Boston. So although I was disappointed in not taking my annual April trip to the Beltway, I unexpectedly had a nice long holiday weekend to do a bit of “work” which as most artists will tell you, is not really work at all. It’s a “labor” of love.
It took most of the day to create six eye-catching coordinating rain gear sets using existing artwork. Here’s a behind the scenes look at the process:
- adding the right type of art to product in both stores Celeste Sheffey on PAOM and Khoncepts on Cowcow so that it is the proper size
- naming the product
- entering keywords to the design so it can be found online
- posting it for sale
- grabbing the webpage link of the product
- add each product to my 481 page word document (and counting)
- adding the webpage link to the product in my document
- each product has a description and keywords
- a draft promo of new items is created to share on social media (as shown below)
- items are posted on website
- blog overviews are drafted
All in all, a fabulous (although sick) day of art, creativity, promotion and enjoyment.